What are Affirmations?
Affirmations can be referred to as the positive statements that describe a desired situation or goal. If you want to impress your subconscious mind with these positive statements then you must repeat them very often.
While repeating affirmations, your mind becomes motivated, inspired and programmed according to the repeated words.
In this way, the subconscious mind triggers the process to strive and work on the person’s behalf to make the positive statements come true.
Your life can be improved and you can achieve success, if you know how to use affirmations.
Many people create undesirable situations in their life by repeating the negative words and statements in their minds for a certain situation or event happening in their life. Words have the power to build or destroy the situations. It is the way we use them that determines whether they are going to bring good or harmful results.
What you keep saying, your subconscious mind accepts it as true. And, it attracts corresponding events and situations into your life. So in order to get positive results, why not choose only positive statements?
You Always Repeat Affirmations in Various Situations
Ok! Let suppose that you are in a swimming pool with your friends. And your friends swim fifteen rounds. But, you are the only person who have never done it before. However, still you want to win their respect. You want to show them that you can make it too.
So you start swimming with them and repeating in your mind again and again that “I can do it, I can do it…”. You keep thinking and believing that you are going to complete the fifteen rounds.
Do you know what are you actually doing? You are recalling positive affirmations.
On the other side, you might repeat negative words in your mind, “I cannot do this”, “It’s too big for me”, or “It’s not going to workout for me”, and the like. So in this way you can lose your ambition, faith and motivation. Though you want to win but due to these negative statements you actually bring about what you said to yourself.
- I cannot do this.
- I am too lazy.
- I lack inner strength.
- I am going to fail.
You need to change your mind, if you discover these, or similar words, run through your mind.
If you repeat positive statements in your mind, it will help you to focus on your aim. Your conscious mind also creates mental images which affect your subconscious mind accordingly. In this way, you program your subconscious in accordance with your will. This process is similar as creative visualization works.
The conscious mind, the mind you think with, starts this process, and then the subconscious mind takes charge.
You influence your subconscious mind by using this process consciously and intently, and in turn, it transforms your attitude, habits, behavior and reactions and even reshape your external life.
How long it takes to get results is not confirmed. Maybe you get the results immediately, in a few hours or few days, or take weeks or longer. This depends on your focus, faith, importance of desire, the feelings you put into your words, and on how big or small is your goal is.
One more important thing for your understanding is that repeating positive affirmations in your mind for a few minutes and then start bringing negative statements the rest of the day, neutralizes the effects of the positive words. If you want to get positive results you have to refuse to think negative thoughts.
How to Repeat Affirmations?
- Choose positive affirmations that are short.
- Repeat them when you are not busy with something that requires attention. Repeat them while traveling in a bus or a train, waiting in line, walking, etc. Repeat them in special sessions of 5-10 minutes each, several times a day. You must not repeat the positive affirmations while you are driving or crossing a street.
- When you are repeating the positive affirmations that you have chosen, you should be as relaxed as you can
- Pay full attention to the words you are repeating.
- Believe and feel that your desire has become true, or is in the process of becoming true for faster results.
- Preferably, choose positive words and avoid negativity. Lets suppose, if you want to lose weight, don’t use words like, “I am not fat”, or “I am losing weight.” These are negative statements. This will bring into the mind mental images of what you do not want. Instead of these statements you can say, “I am getting slim”, or “I have my ideal weight”. Such words build positive images in your mind.
- Only use present tense in your affirmations. Avoid the future tense. Saying, “I will be rich”, means that you don’t want to get rich now but intend to be rich one day, in the indefinite future. The more effective way to say it and also to feel it like, “I am rich now”, and the subconscious mind will work at overtime to make this happen now, in the present.
- What you want to be true in your life needs you to mentally and emotionally see and feel it as true. No matter what is currently going on and what are the current circumstances, you attract it into your life.